Independent Senior Leader
the fundamentals of weight measurement and progress through multiple levels of
math learning with this irresistible set of kid-powered manipulatives. The chunky 3-D numerals are weighted
proportionally, so 1 & 2 together will balance with 3, and so on. The mini penguin figures equal the numeral 1
Includes deck of 54 cards
with a variety of illustrated balancing activities, including: numeral
association / counting / numeral identification / addition. Penguin balance, 2 balance trays, 10 weighted
numerals, 19 mini weighted penguins, 54 activity cards, activity guide.
x 6.25” x 3.75” / 33 x 16 x 9.5cm.
· Visualize early math concepts with hands-on 3-dimensional objects.
· The hands-on penguins and numerals allow the child to easily add to or take away from sets, or to rearrange.
· Combining kinesthetic and visual learning will help to reinforce the connections formed in the child's brain, increasing the odds of retaining the learning.
· Learn the concept of balance and the relative values of weights.
· Associating a numeral with weight reinforces the notion of sequential progression and allows for exploration of math operations.
· Practice predicting and experimenting.
· Develops fine motor dexterity.
· Promotes early math learning:o Weighto Countingo Additiono Subtractiono Multiplicationo Division
· Introduce other objects for further exploration of weights.